Author Topic: Glow in the dark powder for fired ceramics  (Read 641 times)

Yvonnedallen

Glow in the dark powder for fired ceramics
« on: May 14, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »
Hello.  I need some help in understanding how the powders work in fired ceramics.   How would I go about using glow in the dark powder with commercial ceramic glazes?  Would I mix it in the glaze or sprinkle on top?  Can the glaze be colored or should it be clear?  Does one particular powder color work better than others?  I think a read that the max firing temperature would be 1050c which is 1922f.  How long can it be at this temperature?  Normal firing can be up to about 9 hours, so trying to understand if the powder would degrade in the firing.  What color would the glaze be after firing during the day time, would it be the color of the powder and would the fired glaze retain its glossiness?    If there is an instruction sheet about firing glo in the dark powders, I would appreciate having it.  Thanks. 

Offline GlowMaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Luminous Creations
Re: Glow in the dark powder for fired ceramics
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 06:06:52 AM »
We use Glow Ceramic Glaze for this. This product is a mixture of our Glow Powder with normal ceramic Glaze.

You can find more info there based on the type of glazing you intend to do.

ValentinRaw

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »
What are the differences between ZGO 2 - 011 and ZGS 2 - 010 exactly, GlowMaster? The price difference is pretty big so I'm curious. Seems like just what I need though.

Offline GlowMaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Luminous Creations
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 11:50:23 PM »
Difference is in the materials used and manufacturing process. ZGS is able to withstand slightly higher temperatures for longer periods without burning.