Author Topic: Glow in the dark paint for walls advice  (Read 1380 times)

lukeja

Glow in the dark paint for walls advice
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
Hello

Needing abit of advice if possible  ;). If I want to paint a floor & walls in glow in the dark paint, what is recommended? It will be subjected to a fair amount of friction (people walking, scuffing feet on it, touching the walls). Is a sealant recommended to be put over the paint layer? if people scuff their feet on the floor will the paint chip away, crack etc? If the sealant does the job, would it create a slippery surface? because I have to avoid that. I have heard of glow in the dark paint lasting years and years with this sealant, is this reliable info? Also is it better to use UV paint or glow in the dark paint for this job?. Being honest i'm a complete novice here and could really do with any advice that you can share on the matter.

Many thanks for your time

Luke

Offline GlowMaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Luminous Creations
Re: Glow in the dark paint for walls advice
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »
Glow in the dark and UV are 2 different products. One works only in the dark and the other only works with a UV light. You have to know what effects you actually want.

Our glow paints are solvent based, slightly rough once dry and can withstand a certain extent of abrasions. but we always recommend applying a layer of epoxy over to extend the lifespan. Doing this inevitably also makes the surface smoother. Not good for flooring unless it is a skating ring.

You might want to consider a new product we have. It is luminous aluminum strips. Manufactured to be able to withstand heavy traffic. This product is much better than paint and it is also slip proof. Product details online at Glow Building Safety.