Author Topic: A glow wall/sheet for a live performance..  (Read 1969 times)

Shoghi

A glow wall/sheet for a live performance..
« on: January 29, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »
Hello!

I have a very specific need...and wondering what your input would be on how to accomplish this.

I have an artist I am collaborating with to make a live "painting".

We have a large image, already produced, that we would want to print as large as possible on to a wall/paper/vinyl so that the image, a black and white/greyscale image was invisible to the naked eye.

Then...in this dark room, on stage, she would come up with a couple lasers and a flashlight, and "paint" on her image...bit by bit, until a flash of light at the end floods the image and BAM! Full glow painting.

Printing on black paper, with black ink that has glow pigment?

printing on white paper with invisible glow ink?

printing on ANYTHING but with ink that matches the color of the paper right? Thoughts?

Thank you so much! I'm looking to start testing this and get this going asap! thanks!

Offline GlowMaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Luminous Creations
Re: A glow wall/sheet for a live performance..
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
You have a large image already produced that you want invisible to the naked eye.

Then you have a lady who would be painting herself bit by bit, when she can't see anything.

Last there is going to be a burst of lights and you want the live painting to glow in the dark.

Possible with the use of Glow in the Dark Film.

Procedure

• Use Glow Film/Sticker as a background. Create your background as big as you want.
  • Get your artist to paint the painting as large as he can on the Glow Film.
  • To make it impossible to see under normal light with the naked eye, paint the image with normal paint, which is similar in color to the Glow Film.
  • Get your actress to do what she does best
  • Expose the glow film to bright lights (preferably Black Lights) for at least 1 minute.
  • The background will glow leaving what the artist painted clearly visible.